Recent Press Coverage
Wall Street Journal:
San Francisco Chronicle:
- April 26, 2012: Youth Film Festival: Shorts made by kids 10 to 18
- June 27, 2009: Mirren ferocious in 'Phèdre' high-def simulcast
- March 20, 2009: Bay Area's best spots to catch a movie
- May 11, 2007: $400,000 sought to keep Lark Theater open
- April 26, 2007: Young auteurs: Lark Youth Film Festival, 10- to 18-year-olds get the chance to display their skills as directors
- September 21, 2006: Rep Pics
- September 15, 2006: Film Clips Opening Today
- July 9, 2006: Swells
- June 15, 2006: Still have time to spare?
- December 9, 2005: Calendar season heats up in N. Bay
- July 15, 2005: Petaluma flight attendant's film ready for lift-off at the Lark
- April 15, 2005: On a wing and a prayer, Lark stays aloft
- February 11, 2005: 'Swing' springs from S.F.
- February 4, 2005: New Bay Area movie puts dance back in the swing
- January 21, 2005: Planned Parenthood, NOW to mark Roe v. Wade date
- January 11, 2005: Leah Garchik
- August 20, 2004: Leah Garchik
- July 9, 2004: Ruthe Stein
San Francisco Examiner:
Marin Independent Journal:
- April 26, 2012: Best Bets in Marin Co., April 26-May 3, 2012
- November 30, 2011: Environmental project comes to Larkspur's big screen
- July 17, 2011: Larkspur Theater crowd applauds a great soccer game
- July 15, 2011: Excitement builds among Marin soccer fans for Women's World Cup Final
- December 23, 2009: Lark Theater top exec wins business award
- July 2, 2009: Lark Theater marks its fifth year with innovative programming
- April 23, 2008: Lark Theater Youth Film Festival back for third year
- March 21, 2008: Lark Theater offers new series that's up book readers' alley
- February 22, 2008: Film fest gets $3,500 to fund 'green' award
- June 19, 2007: Theater buffs can still help the Lark
- May 14, 2007: Fate of historic Lark Theater depends on fundraising
- April 23, 2007: Digital daring: Young filmmakers show off work at festival
- June 18, 2006: Marin cheers on U.S.: Lark Theater the epicenter of Cup fever
- June 6, 2006: Leslie Harlib's Social Scene
- April 27, 2006: Big-screen exposure: Lark Theater to showcase work by young filmmakers
- April 7, 2006: Finding his voice: Tragedy turned Native American activist into a poet, musician and actor
- January 17, 2006: Reel Moms: Movie Theaters making it easy for parents to watch with tots in tow
Patch, Larkspur-Corte Madera:
Mill Valley Herald:
Special Events at the Lark 2004-2007
Since reopening in July 2004 under nonprofit management, the Lark Theater has been hosting a series of special events that bring together filmmakers, community organizations and local audiences. These unique events reflect the Lark Theater's commitment to create a public space where advocates from diverse communities can share their experiences, and audience members gain a broader perspective on compelling social, political and environmental issues.
- May 6, 2007: French School fundraiser
- Apr 29, 2007: 2nd Annual Lark Theater Youth Film Festival
- Apr 28, 2007: first Live at the Met Opera in HD satellite feed
- Apr 20, 2007: Hall Middle School curriculum film screening science classes
- Apr 19, 2007: Norcal MTB Fundraiser Mountain Bike film
- Feb 25, 2007: Academy Awards Party
- Feb 11, 2007: Neil Cummins Special Ed Fundraiser
- Dec 2006: Eragon with director Stefen Fangmeier for Q & A
- Nov 11 & 12, 2006: Int"l Latino Film Festival
- November 9, 2006: Int"l Latino Film Festival High School Outreach film screening-Full House
- October 22, 2006: Italian Film Festival--Full House
- October 21: Lark Mom's Committee Youth Party #2-gifts, prizes, Sixteen Candles
- Sept 24 - 28, 2006 : Alliance with Marin Theatre Company for Welles, Olivier & Vivian Leigh classic films
- September 3 & 4, 2006: Classic Family Film, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- August 29, 2006: 2nd Anniversary Gala, Sneak preview Keeping Mum & after film dinner
- July 29, 2006: Lark Mom's Committee Youth Party, gifts, prizes, Breaking Away
- July 9, 2006: World Cup Soccer Final Game--Full House
- May 31, 2006: The Yearling fundraiser with star Claude Jarman, Jr. for Q&A
- April 30, 2006: First Annual Lark Theater Youth Film Festival--Full House
- April 10, 2006: John Trudell in person with film Trudell--Full House
- March 10-16, 2006: German Film Go For Zucker screened.
- March 5, 2006: 2nd Annual Academy Awards Party with live broadcast for the community
- February 27, 2006: Classic Film Noir, Touch of Evil in alliance with Marin Theatre Company
- February 16, 2006: Toxic Bust-Sneak Preview, Breast Cancer Watch film & panel
- November 10, 2005: Int'l Latino Film Festival High School Outreach Screening
- October 16, 2005: Italian Film Festival
- October 14, 2005: Hawaiian Legacy Event--Live traditional Hula & Eddie Kamae with the premiere of his new film Keepers of the Flame.
- October 8, 2005: Van Jones keynote speaker for the San Quentin Families Project fundraiser
- February 25 & 26, 2005: Screening of Super Size Me for high school students. Guest speaker, Marin County Health Department Director Larry Meredith, will address problems of obesity and related health issues for students.
- February 23, 2005: Academy Awards Fundraising Event
- February 9, 2005: Screening of Weapons of Mass Deception presented by the Grassroots Theater Network. Guest speaker, Robert Collier, SF Chronicle.
- November 12-20, 2004: International Latino Film Festival
- November 11, 2004: Benefit screening of documentary In the Light of Reverence. Panel discussion of Native American communities' struggle to protect sacred sites, with tribal leader Caleen Sisk-Franco, environmental activist Julia Butterfly Hill, filmmaker Christopher McLeod and actor-activist Peter Coyote.
- November 10, 2004: An evening with Nobel Peace Prize nominee Dr. Helen Caldicott, including a screening of the new film Helen's War and discussion of her recent book "The New Nuclear Danger." Presented in association with the Nuclear Policy Research Institute.
- November 2, 2004: Election Night Open House 2004. Community event and benefit for the Lark Theater. Live television coverage from Election Headquarters.
- October 30, 2004: First Annual Halloween Film Party. Film screening and benefit for the Lark Theater.
- October 29, 2004: Screening of a film from India, A Tale of a Naughty Girl, with producer Arya Bhattacherjee in attendance.
- October 21-23, 2004: Bioethics Film Festival. Screenings of three films followed by panel discussions presented in cooperation with the San Francisco Archdiocese.
- October 20, 2004: Screening of the documentary Hijacking Catastrophe. Discussion with Jim Garrison, president of the State of the World Forum. Sponsored by the Grassroots Theater Network.
- October 5, 8 and 13, 2004: Live broadcast of the presidential and vice-presidential debates, followed by panel discussions hosted by local political advocacy groups Marin United Democratic Campaign, Marin Democrats, Mainstreet Moms Oppose Bush, Marin Women for Kerry and The American Democracy Speakers Series.
- August 21, 2004: Screening of Remake, a film set during the Bosnian war. Guests include director Dino Mustafic and actor Ermin Bravo. Pre-screening, a Bosnian Food and Ethnic Music Picnic in support of the Bosnian-Herzogovinian center of San Francisco and the Wine Country Film Festival.